Solutions for Waterproofing & Leakage Prevention
The waterproofing and leakage problems in various types of existing concrete structures directly influence their serviceability, accelerate the corrosion rate of the steel reinforcement and vastly reduce their service life, while reliable and long lasting solutions are extremely hard to find. Given that there is not a cure-all solution for such problems on existing structures, the contractor should be able to provide and apply a wide range of technologies. Thus, being aware of the application procedures of each technology, the materials properties and the advantages and restrictions of each method, is what makes a contractor reliable and recognized in the field of waterproofing and leakage prevention.
Specialty Contracting Expertise
The engineers of ENKA have several years of experience in the field of waterproofing and leakage prevention by applying advanced technologies, regarding existing concrete and stone masonry structures of all types.
The constant training of engineers and technicians coupled with the integrated knowledge of technologies and application procedures, makes ENKA the wise choice for reliable and long lasting solutions for waterproofing and leakage problems.
ENKA provides solutions concerning waterproofing and leakage prevention by applying technologies such as:
- Special epoxy resin injections (Chemco Systems – www.chemcosystems.com) with the presence of water for sealing and structural rehabilitation.
- Polyurethane foam resin injections for immediate leakage control.
- Two component fast reaction polyurethane resins or acrylic resins injections (to capillaries) for sealing.
- Injections for volume filling by using resin or cement grout.
- Rising damp treatment in masonry walls by using Freezteq®.
- Surface sealing with cement based coatings or BETOSAN (XP Series) fully watertight repair mortars containing sealing crystalline admixtures of XYPEX ADMIX.
- Composite materials systems (FRP), suitable for damp presence or in water applications, for special cases such as pipelines, penstocks, tunnels and generally structures with reduced bearing capacity.
- Watertight shotcrete with XYPEX technology.
On top of the technologies mentioned above, ENKA is the exclusive certified applicator of XYPEX (www.xypex.com), a ground-breaking crystalline technology of waterproofing concrete structures. To name but a few of the advantages of XYPEX technology is the low cost compared to most other methods, its resistance to extreme hydrostatic pressure even if applied on the negative side, the application on wet surfaces and the fact that it provides a permanent solution as it becomes an integral part of the concrete matrix. XYPEX technology has been successfully used for more than 40 years all around the world.
ENKA by using XYPEX technology can give reliable solutions for waterproofing concrete structures of each type such as:
- Wastewater collection & treatment
- Water treatment plants
- Water holding structures
- General construction – foundations
- Power & utilities
- Dams & irrigation
- Marine structures
- Precast structures
- Industrial structures
Our Commitment to Safety & Preplanning
ENKA project management carefully preplans every project and addresses all areas of concern including safety, constructability, disruption with ongoing operations, budgeting and scheduling.
ENKA field personnel can complete projects under tight schedules and adjust on rapid project and environmental conditions alterations.
Proven Technology Solutions for Waterproofing & Leakage Prevention
ENKA specializes in the field of waterproofing and leakage prevention of existing structures by using advanced technologies and materials. Its engineers are constantly updated and follow the state-of the-art technologies in this field. ENKA can deal with challenging projects based on the technical know-how and the advanced materials and methods of its selected international associates and suppliers.
ENKA being the exclusive certified applicator of XYPEX, can guarantee the solutions of the crystalline waterproofing technology that has been successfully used in thousands major concrete applications since 1969 (www.xypex.com/projects).